Sunday, January 10, 2010

Too Good To Be True

We promise to get you more later, but wanted to get a quick post out ...
How could we possibly describe this day? We met our Anna and she is even better than our dreams. Things happened very quickly (more details later), but couldn't have gone more perfect. She didn't cry, she didn't even fuss or wimper ... she smiled.
Enough talk ... here are a couple of pics from the first time holding our beautiful baby girl ...


29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe it - could not be
more perfect - that smile - she still looks just like her first
pictures. At a loss for words.
Thank God for our blessings.
Love to all three of you. Have
a good afternoon and night. Don't
squeeze her too hard!
Gramie

Anonymous said...

I thought I would check your blog one more time before I go to bed. What a wonderful sight. She is so cute. I love her smile. Even better than I imagined. You look to happy. What a wonderful gift from God. I love the chubby little cheeks. Give her a hug for me. Love, Nana

Andrea Wedge said...

Again, so incredibly happy for you two! Anna is a doll!

Momma Vaughan said...

I decided I wouldn't go to bed until I saw THE post. (Boy am I glad you didn't wait to post until later.) She. is. BEAUTIFUL! I didn't know what kind of picture I'd see when the time came, but this one surpassed my wildest dreams. A sweet little round faced angel with a beautiful smile. Happy to be with you and you with her. I love it. I am so happy for you all. She looks so healthy and happy. I'm so happy your moment of becoming a family was this wonderful!

I love you all. PLEASE give Anna a big kiss from all of us!

Love,
Aunt Julie

Mrs. Misty said...

I never thought I would be happy that one of the kids would wake up crying!!!

She is so beautiful!! I cannot wiat to hear the story. God is good!!! You both look so happy!!! The moment you have been waiting so long for has finally happened. I can't think of anyone more deserving!!

Anna is so lucky!! She is beautiful!!! Give her a big hug and kiss from me!!

Love you!!!
Misty

Anonymous said...

Congrats Greg and Laura!!! What a beautiful baby girl. There are no words to discribe how happy we are for you both. Enjoy every moment and we look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing all about the big day :o)
Lots of Love~
Ryan and Lindsey
Ps~ Give her a little hug and kiss from us!

Becca H said...

Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!!! She is soooo precious!! I love seeing those great smiles on all 3 of your faces!! Give Anna lots of hugs and kisses from us! Can't wait to hear and see more (especially in person!).

:)Jeff, Becca, Trevor, and Trenton

~Mis-Wen~ said...

Truly a match made is heaven! :) We are rejoicing with you! She is adorable! We will be praying her transition continues to go well! Hugs to you both!

Blessings~
Alan and Wendy

Anonymous said...

"You know....this is kind of a big deal."

JND said...

Wow! I'm so excited, and she's so beautiful! What a dream come true--she looks so happy!

I dreamed last night that you posted you ended up getting a four year old boy! I'm glad to see these pictures and know you got your beautiful Anna! She's in your arms now!

Missy and Brad said...

She's such a doll (those cheeks!) and looks so happy to be in your arms!! Praise God for this beautiful moment!!!!! We can't even put into words how happy we are for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

More, more, more photos!!! :-)

Much love,
Missy (Brad and Zeke)

Stacy said...

Oh my, she is sooo beautiful! Your faces capture all of the joy of this wonderful meeting. We love you. I am crying happy tears this morning!!!
Stacy

Josh and Tara and Sullivan said...

She is so adorable!! We are so happy to see the pics. I can't imagine your joy right now. We're praying for you all.

Psalm 96:
11 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;let the sea resound, and all that is in it;12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;

Josh & Tara & Sullivan

Kelley Brown said...

Wow!! What an amazing moment! It seems so rare for babies to have such a great meeting...what a blessing from God for your faithfulness and perseverance! She is absolutely gorgeous! That picture of you (Laura) and her smiling at each other is priceless. Can't wait for more details of the story. Hope you've had a wonderful day with her. :) She is a lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh My goodness..what a beautiful family. She is so precious. Congratulations, Mommy and Daddy!! She is so pretty, I can't stop looking at your pictures. Hope you are having a restful evening!! God is GREAT!!

Tricia Headley said...

What a gorgeous baby girl and the perfect beginning to a beautiful journey! We are just delighted at how easily she went to you (none of our three adoptions went so smoothly - it took us DAYS to get a smile like that!) You are ALL truly blessed! Sharing your happiness,
Tricia, Eric, Aaron, Makenna, Mia and Meisi

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is absolutely adorable and I know you have been waiting a long time to be able to hold your precious girl! I hope the rest of your trip is just as wonderful! I will look forward to seeing updated pictures! Mimi

Angie said...

What a moment and to have it captured like that! Truly amazing! We are so happy and excited for you guys. No one is more deserving! Can't wait to see you and meet precious Anna!
Love, Corey & Angie

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an amazing blessing. You have truly been blessed.
Linda

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for all of you. What a beautiful and lucky baby girl. You will both be incredible parents and by her smile, I think she already knows that!!! Get in touch when you get back so we can bring some things over for Anna!!!!!

Hope your trip back is easy!!!
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Oh, these pictures say it all! What a beautiful baby. Of course she doesn't cry; she knows she has the best parents in the world! My love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!! What a precious moment!! Cant wait to see more pictures. We will continue to pray for your safe return home with your baby girl. I can't get enough of those cheeks...what a sweetie!!

Robert and Patty

Anonymous said...

Laura, I've been following your story for a while now. Can't imagine what you have gone through and the feelings you are experiencing now. So happy for you and can't wait to read more about you and your new family!

Laurie Whisler Miller

Unknown said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing. She's gorgeous. You are all glowing. I'm so happy for you! Good to know that the wait was ALL WORTH IT!
Kelly

Three Gals and a Guy said...

"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the Earth hear HIS voice; Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the people rejoice; Oh come to the Father through Jesus the Son and give HIM the glory great things he hath done!"
So thankful and delighted for you. She's beautiful and right where she belongs. Love, Mandy, Kevin Emma an Hannah

Michelle Jackson said...

I am sitting here with tears of joy for your beautiful little family! God is SO GOOD!!! Much love to all of you, we can't wait to welcome all of you home.

Michelle J.

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! I cannot even imagine what it must feel like to finally hold your little girl!

And, seriously, I laughed out loud with the "kind of a big deal" comment...

What a blessing to your family!

Unknown said...

SOOOOO SWEET!!!! I sat up last night and kept refreshing your site. At 1am, I saw those sweet baby cheeks and that beautiful smile!! She is beautiful, so excited for you both and your families. I said a prayer last night that her transition into your family is a smooth one. Can't wait to see the next pics. Seems like all is going well so far. Safe travels on your way home to your new life as a family of three!!!!!! Love Andy, Donna, and kyndal.

Anonymous said...

Tears streaked our faces as we looked at these pictures ! All of our kids want to know when we can come and visit you in MO! Praise God through whom all blessings flow!!
Love, Duane, Nichole, and kids