Monday, January 11, 2010

Prayers Please

No pictures this time, just a request for prayers. Anna seems to be having some serious bouts with grieving, particularly during nap/bed time. She has been mostly very content otherwise, but during these times she makes it clear that it is not us she wants (at least not yet). We were aware that this was likely to happen, but it is very difficult to watch and not be able to do anything for her. This is also obviously affecting sleep time for all.

We know that we have your prayers already and have felt those prayers. Please continue to pray for Anna and for wisdom and strength for her new parents. On a lighter and more rejoicing note, we just had our first poop! :)

Thank you all for all of your thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement. We hope to update you soon with more pictures (sorry no video, having trouble uploading) ... and perhaps some progress with the transition of our new family.

Love,
Greg & Laura

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear your pain and everyone reading this post will also.
We're all thinking of you every
minute. Remember, even though it
seems like an eternity when Anna is crying, that she has only been
with you a very short time. It is a good sign that she is happy and
content with you during her waking
hours. It will get easier. Stay calm and hold her close.
Love, Grammie

Anonymous said...

We will pray for you. Bless her littl heart. It will take time for her to understand the changes...but, it will happen. It's heartbreaking what those poor babies go through, but so wonderful to know that she now has a family to call her own.

Robert and Patty

~Mis-Wen~ said...

Prayers going up! May God provide you all with the wisdom and rest you need!

((HUGS))
Wendy

Ruthie said...

Praying for you! Sent you an email...
Much love,
Missy

Mrs. Misty said...

My prayers are being sent at this moment. I pray that Anna will begin to understand that you are there for her and that you will never leave her. I pray that she will feel comfort in your arms and feel comfort in your voices. I pray that the Lord give you strength during this difficult time and that you are able to cope with the distress that Anna is under.

I know the Lord hears our prayers and you will be comforted and Anna will be comforted as well.

I love all three of you and I pray that you have a better night!!
Love,
Misty

Anonymous said...

I know it is easier said than done, especially when the result is lack of sleep...but just continue to be patient and love Anna with all your heart. You are going to be a great mom and God will get you and Greg and Anna through this! He has such big plans for the 3 of you! You guys will be in my prayers! Mimi

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and your new family!
Lots of Love~
Ryan and Lindsey

Stacy said...

I remember so clearly how helpless Tony and I felt with the seemingly endless crying with our first born, which was especially painful at rest time. Know that we feel your concern and will be praying for you.
At the same time, I know that grieving is a normal human emotion, and she will be healthier for really experiencing all of that. Your deep love for her will prevail and her grief will turn to joy and security...
Love,
Stacy

Kary said...

I'm praying for you both...I know this is difficult but you guys will get through it.

Love ya, Kary

Unknown said...

Prayers being sent up from PA for you in China...the Lord hears them all.

Lord, comfort sweet Anna as she mourns. Give her a supernatural peace that only you can give. When she is tired and more vulnerable to her emotions, put your hand on her and give her rest. And, be with Greg and Laura as they need wisdom on how to help her. Give them confidence and security in their new role as parents. Amen.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Praying that all three of you are having a peaceful sleep!!
Love, Donna

Lreid said...

More prayers from PA coming your way. God will give you, Greg and Anna the strength to get through this transition. I know it must be hard to have little Anna reject your attempts to comfort her but remember that this is a healthy response from her. You may not have much time for reading but here is a website that may help reassure you.
http://www.a4everfamily.org/
Lots of prayers and hugs!! I hope you are getting some rest and everything will improve in the upcoming days.

Momma Vaughan said...

I feel so deeply for the heartbreak you all are feeling through this situation. I can't imagine what you are going through. I don't want to downplay your situation so please don't take it that way, but "this too shall pass". She will come to know you both are there for her ALWAYS and FOREVER. I will pray that she will come to this conclusion sooner rather than later.

The fact that she is so happy during the daytime is such a great sign. You are surrounding her with such love and she feels that. I see it in her smiles. It's those routines she has become accustomed to that may now be different that are hard for her to accept. She will get there. You are doing all you can.

You have such a HUGE support system...your family, your friends, each other. We all are praying and thinking of you always. I am saying a prayer right now that your night is going better.

Love to you and my sweet niece!
Julie

PS-On another note...that may be the only time a "poop" will make you rejoice! :-)