Friday, January 29, 2010

One week home

We've survived our first week home ... it's been a rough one, though! I'm pretty sure that we underestimated the effect the jet lag would have on Anna. She has really had a hard time sleeping!! The first 5 days she was awake on and off from 8pm to midnight and awake and pretty upset from about midnight until 5am, then would crash for a few hours. Greg and I were on survival-mode until about 2 days ago, when Anna finally started adjusting a little and we all were able to get a little more sleep. I'm hopeful that in another week or so she'll be fully adjusted. Then we can start slowly getting her used to her crib ... she is in a pack-n-play next to our bed right now which is where she seems to feel most secure.

Other than our sleep issues (and cutting 2 molars), Anna seems to be adjusting to her new home. She is enjoying playing with her toys and exploring her new environment. She's getting more curious about our cat ... and our cat more curious about her. We have yet to introduce her to the dogs, other than through the back door glass. We'll work up to that ... two 70lb dogs probably look like horses to her!

Greg starts back to work next week and Anna and I are going to miss him greatly!! I couldn't have survived this week if he would have gone back to work already.

We wanted to thank everyone that has helped us survive this first week - all of the food you all provided was appreciated more than you'll ever know. It was so nice not to have to worry about cooking! Thanks also for your thoughts and prayers during this journey and we ask that you continue to pray for Anna as she continues to adjust to her new home and family.

Here are some pictures from our first week home. Have a wonderful weekend!!

































8 comments:

~Mis-Wen~ said...

Adorable pics! :) Glad to hear she is getting more adjusted as the days roll on.....before you know it, she will be running the house! LOL!

Mrs. Misty said...

I love the pictures!!! I have been itching to see some ones of Anna...and you guys too!!!

I can't wait to spend some time with Anna!!!! I really need to feel those little cheeks!!!

I think Garrett and Isabel are anxious to meet Anna. They love to look at her pictures on the computer.

See you soon!!
Love you!!
Misty

Three Gals and a Guy said...

She is such a pretty girl! I'm sorry you guys have had a rough time with sleep. It's so hard to be function normally when you're running low but I'm sure you don't mind ;)

Thanks for sharing more pics of her; can't wait to hear more!

Ruthie said...

Anna looks so happy and perfectly at home. The sleep deprivation is ROUGH but it will get better. Hang in there! In the meantime, sleep when she sleeps! ;-)
Missy and the boys

Anonymous said...

I know lack of sleep can test your patience, but it'll all come together! You guys look perfect together and I am so glad you finally have your Anna....she is precious, and very photogenic....must take after her Momma! You guys take care, Mimi

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your whole trip went smoothly. Sounds like Anna is quite happy and feeling secure with her new parents. So thankful you have finally been blessed with a beautiful child....she doesn't even know how lucky she is!
Wonderful, just wonderful is all I can say to you and Greg. *hugs* .....Tish Goss

Unknown said...

Great, great pictures. Glad to hear things are going well other than the sleeping issues. Poor thing, adjusting to that time change must be so hard for her...and all of you! Looking forward to reading more updates!
Kelly

Ella At Last said...

We hope things are balancing out a bit in the sleep department! We have really enjoyed looking back through your posts from Kunming. We jet out in 13 days! Heather