Saturday, January 02, 2010

Here is our itinerary!!

Well, we finally got our flights booked - our sweet China coordinator, Ming, ended up helping us get a good deal through another travel agency out of New York and saved us just over $350 on the flight we wanted!

Jan 7th we'll fly to Chicago at 6am and then go Chicago to Beijing and land in Beijing Friday at 4:25pm. Then on the way home, on Jan 22, we'll go Hong Kong to Chicago and Chicago to home, landing at 4:46pm Friday, Jan 22.

Here is what our in-country itinerary looks like:

January 8, 2010 - Arrive in Beijing.Your guide, Jean, will be there to meet your name

January 9-10, 2010 - Sightseeing in Beijing, which may include Forbidden City, Tienanmen Square and the Great Wall.

January 10, 2010 - Flight to Province. Our guide will take you to the airport in Beijing to then fly to Kunming in the evening. Your local guide, Mary will meet you in the airport terminal with the AAI sign. On your way to the hotel, your guide will inform you as to when you will see your child. It may be that same evening or the following morning!!!

January 10-15, 2010 - Processing paperwork in Kunming. Our guide will arrange your daily itinerary while in this city. Simply follow their instructions regarding the civil affairs appointment, notary office and checking your adoption paperwork.

January 16, 2010 - Flight to Guangzhou. Our guide will take you to the airport to fly to Guangzhou. Your guide, Judy, will meet you there with your name.Your child will need to have her medical exam done in Guangzhou prior to the Embassy appointment. Your guide will arrange this for you.

January 18, 2010 - Medical exam today.

January 19, 2010 - Your appointment with the U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou is today at 10:00 am. You do not have to appear at this appointment. Our guide will carry in all your papers at the time of the appointment.

January 20, 2010 - Today is at leisure.

January 21, 2010 - You will visit the U.S. Embassy today for your ceremony and receipt of your child’s visa to enter the United States. It is a brief ceremony. You will likely be able to take pictures outside the building.

Evening train to Hong Kong.


January 22, 2010 - Flight home!!

6 comments:

Missy and Brad said...

WOOT! Sounds like a wonderful itinerary. Enjoy your time in Beijing. The Great Wall at Badaling is amazing. Definitely pay to sit on the camel! :-)

And of course, your Forever Family Day will be awesome! I know I will cry when I finally see all of you together!
*HUGS*
Miss

Marlana said...

How exciting! Have you read your itinerary a million times already? Are you going to be blogging while you are there? I can't wait to see pictures of your happy family!

JND said...

I'm so excited for you that I cannot even describe it in words. I'll be thinking of you each of those days and what you're doing. I simply can't wait to meet Anna, when she's ready, of course!

alisa said...

*squealing* in Alabama!!!

Unknown said...

Wow - there it all in a few hundred words. Makes it all seem easy when it's written out, so simple. Really looking forward to seeing that itinerary "filled in" with the real stuff! Has the difficulty of the wait faded already with the anticipation of travel? I hope so--I look forward to when I can stop feeling so anxious about the stinkin' shared list! :)

Really looking forward to seeing pictures of Anna in your arms! Hurry up January 10th! :)
Kelly

Lauren said...

Can't wait to see you with her!!!! Post tons of pictures!!!


Lauren