Yesterday and today the weather was beautiful here in the afternoon - temps in the upper 60s and sunny. We spent both days walking around Green Lake Park, which is about a block from our hotel. It was absolutey fascinating to watch all of the people dancing, singing, playing games, etc. We get many "looks" from the locals when they see us and then see Anna, but once you smile and nod your head, pretty much all of them smile back and many will stop and talk to Anna ... we got several thumbs up from the Chinese grandmas in the park. Kunming has stolen our hearts, we will be sad to say farewell tomorrow ... but we are also anxious to leave because that means we are closer to coming home.
Our flight to Guangzhou leaves at 5:15pm tomorrow, it's about a 2 hour flight - prayers that Anna does okay!
Here is a sampling of Green Lake Park (click to enlarge):
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
How amazing! So happy you're experiencing all the local culture. Anna will do just fine on the plane with you both near her. Once you're in the air you can take turns "wearing" her. Have a safe trip. Much love to all - Grammie
It is so wonderful that you will be able to share with Anna that you have been where she is from. The stories you will have to tell her will amaze her and inspire her!! I hope Anna does fine on the flight. I am sure she will do great...she has her Mommy and Daddy with her!! Have a safe trip. Anxious to hear about your travels and I can't wait to see more pictures...until I can see you 3 in person!! Love to all!! Misty
How awesome that you are experiencing the place where Anna was born. This will be a wonderful part of her history that you can share together. What cool pictures. We will be praying that the plane ride is a smooth one. I'm so glad you will be close to getting home. i can just imagine how excited your Mom is to hold that baby...and, Greg's Mom as well. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
What neat pictures! You are truly getting the full experience. I can understand that bittersweet feeling to say good-bye to a place that is such a part of your "beginning" with Anna, but you will have so many pictures, movies, and stories to tell. So glad you all are getting a nice refreshing break in the bitter Winter months here. I'd love to go for a stroll with the kiddos in weather like that!
Anna will do just fine on the plane I'm sure. Just wearing her seems to do the trick right? Good luck anyway!
We miss you more everyday!
Love you, Julie
PS-We're making your coming home sign tomorrow. :-) Yippee!
I loved your Anna 101 post! It is so much fun to discover your child's personality! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with everyone! It is so amazing to see God working! Prayers still coming your way. Blessings, Michelle McCoy
7 comments:
How amazing! So happy you're experiencing all the local culture.
Anna will do just fine on the plane with you both near her.
Once you're in the air you can take turns "wearing" her.
Have a safe trip.
Much love to all - Grammie
It is so wonderful that you will be able to share with Anna that you have been where she is from. The stories you will have to tell her will amaze her and inspire her!!
I hope Anna does fine on the flight. I am sure she will do great...she has her Mommy and Daddy with her!! Have a safe trip.
Anxious to hear about your travels and I can't wait to see more pictures...until I can see you 3 in person!!
Love to all!!
Misty
How awesome that you are experiencing the place where Anna was born. This will be a wonderful part of her history that you can share together. What cool pictures. We will be praying that the plane ride is a smooth one. I'm so glad you will be close to getting home. i can just imagine how excited your Mom is to hold that baby...and, Greg's Mom as well. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Robert and Patty
What neat pictures! You are truly getting the full experience. I can understand that bittersweet feeling to say good-bye to a place that is such a part of your "beginning" with Anna, but you will have so many pictures, movies, and stories to tell. So glad you all are getting a nice refreshing break in the bitter Winter months here. I'd love to go for a stroll with the kiddos in weather like that!
Anna will do just fine on the plane I'm sure. Just wearing her seems to do the trick right? Good luck anyway!
We miss you more everyday!
Love you,
Julie
PS-We're making your coming home sign tomorrow. :-) Yippee!
I loved your Anna 101 post! It is so much fun to discover your child's personality! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with everyone! It is so amazing to see God working! Prayers still coming your way.
Blessings,
Michelle McCoy
Those pictures are awesome! I can't wait to experience Kunming now that I've heard even more about it from you!
By the way, did ya'll get to go to her finding spot?
Post a Comment