Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's official - he is ours!

Isaiah woke around 6am this morning - he was slow to wake, but a happy boy and more than ready to eat! We headed down for breakfast before meeting Celia to go back to the Civil Affairs office to finalize all of the adoption paperwork.

We decided to try the baby carrier today - some of you might remember than Anna loved the carrier while we were in China - NingNing seems to like it too! It is such a great way to work on our bonding and attachment, so we were happy to see he liked it.

We were also happy to see that once at the Civil Affairs office, when NingNing saw the orphanage director (that he so badly wanted to cling to yesterday), he didn't seem to care a thing about him today and preferred to stay in our arms!

He was very content all morning and happily sat in our laps for about 5 hours between van rides, appointments and lunch! He is napping now and we are just hanging in the hotel this evening. Tomorrow morning we will visit the orphanage. We leave here at 8am for the 2 hour van ride through the country side. We feel pretty confident that he will do okay during the visit. We are looking forward to meeting the nannies that loved and cared for him.

These first pictures were taken last night in our room and the next were taken this morning at the Civil Affairs office.



It's official!

Getting his red footprint

Us with the orphanage director


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so happy and content!! How great that he is having such an easy transition!! Must be all those prayers and the fact that you two are old hands at this Mom and Dad "thing" now!! He is ADORABLE! I am up with a crying baby boy, (monster dreams) so we just had to look you up and see what was going on. Wes looked at NingNing and said "hi baby". Very cute.

Robert, Patty and Wes

Brittany said...

Yay! Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see the orphanage visit. I know you know but bring snacks! The ride is looong. He's younger so may not be as restless. But it is so worth it. And they will probably bring you to eat after. A great experience! Lots of stares but a true Chinese meal at a true Chinese diner. Have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just thrilled to read this! Sounds like he's even sleeping well, which I imagine is a huge plus. Congratulations! I am so happy for you and look forward to meeting Isaiah in person someday soon. Jana

Anonymous said...

I might add that he's a total doll. Just adorable! Jana

Jennifer at HillandHome said...

So great! Congratulations on your growing family! He is so precious! I think we all want to know - has Anna gotten to see him on Skype yet???? I am so thrilled he has taken so quickly to his Mama and Baba!

Kara Blankenship said...

We are squealing with excitement! I will try to email you this afternoon.

Kary said...

So happy for you guys. Our hearts melt and overflow with love that another child has a family through adoption..there just isn't anything else like it. Praise God! You all look so happy!

Georgia said...

WHOOO HOOO!!! Congratulations!!