Saturday, March 10, 2012

Changsha - Day 1

We're here! Our flight was smooth, just about an hour flight from Hong Kong. We were met by our guide, Celia, at the airport. She is really sweet. She and our driver for the week, Mr. Joe, got us loaded up and we drove to our hotel, the Huatian - it's really nice. It is very smoggy here today. The temp is about 50 and cool, it's supposed to be a bit more sunny and nice the next few days.

After Celia got us settled in to our room, there was a knock at the door ... it was the staff bringing up the crib!! :-)  There is a restaurant downstairs, connected to the hotel, called Food Street. Kind of buffet style, except they make it for you to order. All the dishes, seemed like hundreds, are on display and you just point to what you want and they make it fresh. We picked 4 different things and it was really good ... definitely had that Hunan spice going on!

After lunch we walked down the street to load up on bottled water. Now we're just going to rest the rest of the day/evening. Tomorrow we are on our own and are going to go out exploring the area.

Celia said we will meet Isaiah Monday morning at 10:30am!!! That will be 9:30pm cst (with your time change) on Sunday for you all back home. I imagine it will be after midnight your time Sunday night before we'll get back here and get pictures posted.


So exciting!

 View from our room - lots of smog!

Another view from our window.
Hotel Lobby
More Lobby

6 comments:

Dardi said...

So exciting! Thinking of you!! :)

Kara Blankenship said...

O my I am getting so excited, I'm literally counting down the hours.

Ella At Last said...

Just want you to know that Anna's Kunming sister, Ella, and her parents are following your journey to the little man!! So excited for you. Live in the moment :)

Anonymous said...

Um, did the hotel provide you with a scale in the bathroom? Too funny! Very excited for you! Thinking about Anna and her caregivers here too. Hoping all is well. I'm sure she is having a blast! Jana

Kary said...

Thinking of you. I am glad to know I am not the only one that takes pics of interesting/nice bathrooms when we travel too! So, so excited and praying. Love, Allen.s

Momma Vaughan said...

Love the crib picture the most. I can't wait to hear all about your gotcha day. What a wonderful time for you guys.

J

PS-You should know that Anna is doing GREAT! She and the kids cruised around in Alex's new car today. We handed the wheel over to Anna and...well, let's just say she had to hand it back. Ha ha. They're all having a fun time together. I just love that little peanut!