Just like last time, last night was our hardest night of jet lag. We tried our best to stay up as late as possible last night (we did sneak in an hour nap yesterday afternoon), we made it to about 10ish last night and crashed. We both woke up around the same time, thinking it must be almost time to get up for the day and it was only 1:30am! We were pretty wide awake, so we broke into our melatonin stash and managed to fall back to sleep in about 45 mins and slept until around 5am or so. Not bad.
We started the day with the breakfast buffet in our hotel. Like all hotel buffets in China, it was full of traditional western breakfast food along with plenty of Chinese foods like fried rice, noodles, dumplings, etc. We loaded up on breakfast then ventured out for the day. Our guide had told us about a pedestrian street - called Commercial Street - that was good for shops and people watching. We found our way there ... probably a 2-3 mile walk each way from our hotel. We got lots of looks! Most of the time if you smile and nod, you'll get a smile back. Anyway, lots to see along the way!
For those wondering ... Anna is doing good, we've Skyped with her twice. The first time we talked to her, she immediately asked to talk to her baby brother. It was really cute. We miss her lots, but it makes us feel so good knowing she is having a good time.
We might venture out again later this afternoon, but we're going to try to rest up so we're ready for Isaiah Day tomorrow!! We'll meet Celia downstairs at 10am, then head to the Civil Affairs office and meet Isaiah around 10:30am. I'm guessing we'll be back to our hotel by noon or so, so depending on how he is doing, we'll try to get pics posted early afternoon (your Sunday night). Please pray for Isaiah's transition to us, we know he is close to his nannies and this will be very hard for him.
Thanks for all the comments ... they mean so much!!
Some of the sights and sounds of Changsha....
![]() |
| A distant view of our hotel. |


10 comments:
How exciting! That is some interesting geometry on your hotel! I enjoyed hearing the sights and sounds of the Chinese streets! We look forward to hearing about your little guy!
Love, Shawn and Jennifer (George and XiXi too)
So excited for you guys! Can't wait to hear about tomorrow! Love, Georgia & Jeff (waiting for MuMu)
Fun to relive everything through y'all. Tell Celia hello! She'll remember Eli. All the guides thought he was so cute. Can't wait til tonight for us and y'all! :))
So excited for you!! Glad you were able to get a little rest and we will be looking for pictures of your little guy tonight!! We have been praying for you guys and Anna, too!! So glad she is doing well and having fun...I'm sure that makes your trip much easier. Thinking of you guys today!
Robert, Patty and Wes
I thought I'd heard ya'll were getting close to welcoming #2, but I had no idea you were this close! Must be something sacred about your family that led me to check this today. YEAH! I feel the same goosebumps and tears I felt when you were getting Anna. I'm excited to follow your journey again. Best wishes and God Bless your family!
It's t-minus 5 hours until you meet Isaiah. YAY! We are thinking of you all the time. Anna is at our house for "spaghetti Sunday" and a sleepover. I am thankful for this special time with my niece. Thank you. If you want to get a hold of her she is here. Call us ANYTIME!!!
Love you guys!
J and the fam
PS-Give our sweet nephew a big hug and kiss!
JULIE, YOU ARE A GIFT FROM GOD - I'M SURE NANA NEEDS THE REST AND I
KNOW ANNA IS LOVING THE ATTENTION.
GUESS WE'LL ALL BE UP VERY LATE TONIGHT! LOVE YOU ALL, GRAMMIE
I am becoming so anxious right now. Constantly looking at the clock trying to imagine your emotions right now. I wish I could be there for that wonderful moment. Anna is a real trooper. She is seeming to understand that she has to be away from Mommy and Daddy in order to get her baby brother. She's at Brad and Julie's tonight for the sleepover that she is so excited about. I pray that Isaiah's transition will be an easy one. Can't wait to see the pictures. Love Nana/Nano
Oh my!!! Thinking and praying for.you guys right now!!! You are probably just minutes away from holding your sweet boy!! Love and hugs!!
Missy,Brad, Zeke and Quilla B
Its so exciting..like all your other family/friends, the anticipation is fun and anxious! Can't wait to see your newest member of the family. Glad to hear Anna is doing good. I can't believe all the smog, but the buildings are interesting. Colton is enjoying following the blog too...then he has about a zillion questions :) Love ya guys, Kary
Post a Comment