Our agency called at 1:15 and said "Merry Christmas, we have your TA"!!!! I went from squealing on the phone to a mess of tears in about .5 seconds!
Now what? Now our agency has to get us a consulate appointment (CA) and then we can book our tickets. The consulate appointment will happen at the end of our trip, so once we have that date, we work backwards to our departure day. There are only a certain amount of appointments allowed per day, our agency is going to request our CA for Jan 18 first (if we get it, we'll leave Jan 7th), then they'll try the 19 (and we'd leave on the 8th) - if we can't get either of these dates, they'll request the 25 (we'd leave on the 14th). Please pray we are able to get the earliest appointment possible!!
Normally we would know our CA probably tomorrow, but because the US Consulate in China is probably already closed for Christmas, we might not know anything until Monday.
We are in shock! So excited! Best Christmas present ever!!
9 comments:
Waaahooo!!!! So so so so so excited!!!! Send me an email with your address so that I can send Anna her gift when it's ready. Ugh, can't wait to see pics of you holding your girl!
Wow, your little one is darling!
Congratulations on your TA, maybe we'll meet up in China! We're hoping for a CA of the 19th, so if we both get the CAs we're hoping for, we'll be in Guangzhou at the same time :)
Thanks for the PM, let's stay in touch!
Merry Christmas to you!!!
P.S. LOVE to see the No Hands But Ours button on your blog... that's my sweet Jude :)
Laura, I am so excited for you! I am sure that the call was extremely emotional. You are going to get to finally meet your precious daughter! What a wonderful Christmas gift to you guys. God is definitely good! I admire you for being so patient through this process. I can only imagine how difficult it has been to wait for something you want so badly. I have no doubt that she will be worth a million times more than all the time you've waited.
I'm so excited for you! Greg, you did a great job estimating these dates! I'm hoping for January 7 departure because that's the earliest the blog post mentioned and it would seem to work well around month end. Just kidding! I wish you could leave today and forget work all together! I can't wait to meet Anna and am hoping for the best transition possible for all three of you.
The best Christmas present ever!
God is so good! Amazing to watch your story unfold knowing He has orchestrated each and very detail LONG, LONG ago! :) Hugs to you both! It won't be long now.......never a better Christmas gift than this! :)
Blessings~
Wendy
Yea!! Merry Christmas!! I don't think you will get any better Christmas gift!!!
There is no one more deserving of this wonderful gift!!
I love you guys!!
Misty
Praise the Lord!! Such blessed news! What an amazing Christmas gift! Can't wait to hear when your CA will be!!
Miss, Brad and Zeke
OK I'm finally up and going, following your blog. Merry Christmas! I love you guys and can't wait to meet Anna!
Stacy
Post a Comment