Friday, April 11, 2008

Shoot for the Clouds!

I guess you could say we have a sort of love-hate relationship with China... a country that is both fascinating - with their rich culture and history - and utterly baffling sometimes in their rationale (thus, why we can't even begin to understand what their logic is with adoptions right now).

If you haven't heard, what we're about to tell you may sound like a punchline to a joke, or perhaps part of the dramatic conclusion to Armageddon II, but no... it's real. Here's the latest head-shaker out of China:

In order to ensure the opening ceremony for the upcoming Beijing Olympics doesn't get rained out, China is apparently readying an arsenal of weapons [clearing throat] to shoot the clouds.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. Go ahead... read the article for yourself.

I guess we should realize by now that with China, anything is within the realm of possibility, however off-the-(great)wall. Kinda makes you wonder what China ISN'T capable of when they put their minds to it.

So, next time you spy a threatening cloud about ready to soak your outdoor gathering... unlock the gun cabinet, grab your favorite rifle loaded with silver iodide bullets (available soon at your local sporting goods store) and open fire on those stinkin' rain clouds. "DIE!! YOU FLUFFY SUCKERS!!"

Oh, China... what will you think of next?

4 comments:

Marlana said...

Okay, this is just getting ridiculous. What's even more funny is, I just posted a beautiful cloud picture on my blog today that I took this morning. No telling what they would have to have done to break it up. I think I've heard it all now.

Mrs. Misty said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Maybe China is a little redneck!!!! Can't wait to see you today!!
Misty

alisa said...

China, China, China...why do I STILL find myself speechless????

Kary said...

All I can say are in the words of Charlie Brown, "Good Grief!"